- Richard Roeper, Richard Roeper.com, August 30, 2012
Hit & Run as a whole is one of the summer's most enjoyable surprises, a consistently disarming romantic comedy...
- Glenn Kenny, MSN Movies, August 27, 2012
Hit & Run is awfully hit & miss.
- Rick Groen, Globe and Mail, August 24, 2012
Shepard and Palmer just don't do anything terribly exciting with the film's vehicles, drawn mostly from Shepard's personal collection.
- Lou Lumenick, New York Post, August 24, 2012
It feels like writer, co-director and star Dax Shepard has unleashed some kind of freakish Franken-film on movie-goers.
- Stephanie Merry, Washington Post, August 24, 2012
Hit and Run lures you in with its jackalope rhythms. There's nothing else like it on the current landscape.
- Stephanie Zacharek, NPR, August 23, 2012
This is neither funny nor suspenseful, but it does feature some cool-looking cars, and Tom Arnold delivers some decent pratfalls as an accident-prone man.
- Ben Sachs, Chicago Reader, August 23, 2012
The trouble with Hit & Run is that it can't sustain its trippy effervescence. Despite a few scrappy twists and turns, it's ultimately a dead end.
- Peter Travers, Rolling Stone, August 23, 2012
Hit and Run isn't very memorable, and it isn't all that exciting, but it's occasionally funny and sweet and more engaging than any action-comedy Jennifer Aniston has made in her entire career.
- Rene Rodriguez, Miami Herald, August 23, 2012
Like the classic 1967 Cadillac that transports our protagonists for much of the journey, Hit & Run is a road-worthy romance-comedy.
- Bruce Demara, Toronto Star, August 23, 2012
When Shepard's on, though, he's really on. There's hardly anything rote or predictable about "Hit & Run," other than its title.
- Mark Feeney, Boston Globe, August 23, 2012
It's a lot more fun than the title suggests. How many chase comedies have you seen where the hero's sexy girlfriend has a doctorate in nonviolent conflict resolution?
- Roger Ebert, Chicago Sun-Times, August 23, 2012
"Hit & Run" is merely the latest picture, more modestly scaled than most, to give the catch-all notion of the B movie a bad name, deserving of a new category: the D movie.
- Michael Phillips, Chicago Tribune, August 23, 2012
Tasty at times, even if the film evaporates as you watch it.
- Owen Gleiberman, Entertainment Weekly, August 22, 2012
The problem is that Hit & Run can't really settle on a tone. It's a goofy caper that turns savage.
- David Hiltbrand, Philadelphia Inquirer, August 22, 2012
"Hit and Run" is a race to ridiculousness, but at the same time it's a bit of a gas.
- Tom Long, Detroit News, August 22, 2012
They're all clearly having fun, though that's not the same as making a movie.
- Rafer Guzman, Newsday, August 22, 2012
A strange, but strangely entertaining combo of drag racing machismo, slapstick silliness, raunchy riffs, politically incorrect rants and sweet nothings.
- Betsy Sharkey, Los Angeles Times, August 21, 2012
There really ought to be a lot more movies like Hit & Run, but only if they're just a little bit better.
- Keith Phipps, AV Club, August 22, 2012
Shepard wrote the script and co-directed with David Palmer (Brother's Justice), constructing an ideal vehicle for the real-life couple's spirited banter.
- Serena Donadoni, indieWIRE, October 26, 2012