- Mark Kermode, BBC Radio Five Live, March 20, 2012
Instead of working to clarify its high-concept contrivances, the romantic comedy "The Decoy Bride" jettisons logic and detail for silly-quirky rompiness.
- Robert Abele, Los Angeles Times, March 16, 2012
- , New York Times, March 15, 2012
A bland romantic comedy in the Richard Curtis style, The Decoy Bride is mainly notable for its proof, if any was needed after Boardwalk Empire, that Kelly Macdonald is a major talent.
- Frank Scheck, Hollywood Reporter, March 09, 2012
A romcom you almost feel sorry for, like a wedding where half the guests drown.
- Tim Robey, Daily Telegraph, March 09, 2012
Cupid works in strange and sometimes very funny ways, as this charming, nontaxing comedy directed by Sheree Folkson makes clear.
- Neil Genzlinger, New York Times, March 08, 2012
It's indulgent, but Macdonald's performance is attractive and relaxed.
- Peter Bradshaw, Guardian [UK], March 08, 2012
Pernicious tripe suitable only for masochists and the intellectually disabled...
- Michael Atkinson, Village Voice, March 06, 2012
The result is less a film, more a bland Britcom box-ticking exercise.
- Tom Huddleston, Time Out, March 06, 2012
Predictable, plodding and paltry, Folkson's film looks cheap and like the mock wedding, nothing in it - especially the emotions - feels real, with the quality cast looking understandably disinterested.
- James Mottram, Total Film, February 27, 2012
Possibly the worst thing ever in world history.
- Matt Bochenski, Little White Lies, March 12, 2012
It seems to agree with its gossip journalists that celebrities are an exotic alien species placed on earth to be gawked at, waited on by personal entourages, and mocked behind their backs for their odd enthusiasms and incomprehensible emotions.
- Alison Willmore, AV Club, March 08, 2012
The film recognizes how resolutely derivative it is, and it deigns to relish rather than efface that quality. The result is a trifle, but a fairly amusing one.
- Calum Marsh, Slant Magazine, March 06, 2012