A beautiful, preposterous slab of star-driven Bollywood fantasy, Anubhav Sinha's Ra.One hits all the right buttons and does so with gusto.
- Simon Foster, sbs.com.au, November 04, 2011
The film is as cheesy as it sounds.
- Tamara Baluja, Globe and Mail, October 28, 2011
The movie has a witty sense of punky, gaming-style esthetics that American blockbusters try for but can't quite achieve.
- Joe Neumaier, New York Daily News, October 28, 2011
It never feels cynically niche-marketed or fundamentally bored with itself, the way so many big-budget American movies do.
- Andrew O'Hehir, Salon.com, October 27, 2011
Anubhav Sinha's exhilarating fantasy "Ra.One" is Bollywood at its best.
- Kevin Thomas, Los Angeles Times, October 27, 2011
The most expensive Bollywood movie ever made, "Ra.One," a sci-fi superhero thriller, is a kind of entertainment machine set to dazzle, Hindi cinema with a crush on high-tech.
- Rachel Saltz, New York Times, October 26, 2011
RA.ONE nicely serves two masters -- good family values and good capitalist instincts.
- Kirk Honeycutt, Hollywood Reporter, October 26, 2011
- Anil Sinanan, Time Out, January 22, 2013
- John Anderson, Variety, January 22, 2013
It champions an incoherently hackneyed kind of morality where filial piety matters more than treating your fellow man well.
- Simon Abrams, Slant Magazine, October 27, 2011