Nothing much distinguishes this from any other relationship drama: the husband's climactic anecdote about a fungi's parasitic relationship to its host drives home the obvious.
- Drew Hunt, Chicago Reader, October 11, 2012
"Now, Forager" is a uncompromising film about two people who don't deserve each other - but maybe nobody deserves either one of them.
- Roger Ebert, Chicago Sun-Times, October 11, 2012
Like the two characters, the film has trouble finding purchase, which yields a more acute feeling of dissatisfaction than was probably intended.
- Nicolas Rapold, New York Times, October 02, 2012
A slow-food procedural, commendably devoted yet still underdone.
- Jonathan Kiefer, Village Voice, October 02, 2012
The novelty of their industry aside, there's little to differentiate this from any other relationship-centered Amerindie.
- David Fear, Time Out New York, October 02, 2012