A heartily welcome sex comedy with a few sneaky surprises.
- Alice Tynan, Limelight, August 02, 2012
Performances are impressive - particularly Snook, who seems destined for greatness - with screenwriter Michael Lucas serving a suitably gentle helping of humour throughout.
- Ed Gibbs, The Sun Herald, July 15, 2012
Wonderfully bright, smart, honest look at kidulthood...This energetic and extremely well-acted film manages to avoid the cliches that beset most manch-coms.
- Jim Schembri, 3AW, July 13, 2012
What lifts this Australian romantic-comedy above the level of most of its Hollywood counterparts is the reality of the characters and the situations and the honesty of the film's approach.
- David Stratton, At the Movies (Australia), July 11, 2012
This smart, soulful and surprisingly darkly-hued comedy throws up a handful of interesting questions about personal responsibility.
- Erin Free, FILMINK (Australia), July 10, 2012
This is the genre that has made Judd Apatow a 'brand' filmmaker, a contemporary love story with hard edges and patches of vulgar, lowbrow fun. The comparison is meant as a compliment
- Andrew L. Urban, Urban Cinefile, July 07, 2012
It's an assured and promising first picture from this writer and director, but if Not Suitable for Children is to be remembered for anything it'll be as the movie that introduced us to Sarah Snook.
- Simon Miraudo, Quickflix, June 09, 2012
- Russell Edwards, Variety, June 05, 2012