An odious Master of the Universe learns some humanity from his maid.
- Don Groves, sbs.com.au, February 29, 2012
True, the movie sidesteps a couple of cliches it seems headed directly toward, but I might have preferred them to the preposterous melodrama it substitutes.
- Roger Ebert, Chicago Sun-Times, February 02, 2012
Paints an alluring picture of a pan-European cosmopolitan culture whose characters hopscotch from one country to another with hardly a second thought in a lighthearted floating party.
- Stephen Holden, New York Times, December 08, 2011
A stirring if occasionally over-obvious clash of capital and labor.
- Mark Jenkins, NPR, December 08, 2011
A feeble stab at topicality from that master of overripe Gallic melodrama, Cédric Klapisch.
- Nick Schager, Village Voice, December 06, 2011
Though the setup sounds cliche, the storytelling is polished enough to keep auds hooked and occasionally surprised.
- Boyd van Hoeij, Variety, April 14, 2011
A Euro gloss on Pretty Woman suddenly turns into Occupy Gaul.
- Keith Uhlich, Time Out New York, December 06, 2011
Beyond the silliness of the heroine's action, there's little to glom on to here of any significance.
- Andrew Schenker, Slant Magazine, December 04, 2011