- Bob Mondello, NPR.org, October 18, 2008
If you can tolerate all this phony uplift you'll also get a pretty interesting story about a shrewd Minnesota college coach named Herb Brooks.
- Jonathan Rosenbaum, Chicago Reader, February 14, 2004
[T]humbs up for this uplifting and inspirational movie about one of the great upsets in sports history.
- Richard Roeper, Ebert & Roeper, February 13, 2004
Russell is terrific as coach Herb Brooks.
- Ed Park, Village Voice, February 10, 2004
Big on slogans, but low on personality.
- Stephanie Zacharek, Salon.com, February 07, 2004
The movie effectively simulates the game's whirl, and should grab all but the most finicky hockey fans. But for moviegoers who think if you've seen one sports flick, you've seen 'em all -- well, you've definitely seen this one.
- Mark Jenkins, Washington Post, February 06, 2004
The movie brings the audience back to 1980 with bone-crunching verisimilitude.
- Ann Hornaday, Washington Post, February 06, 2004
Hockey fans should enjoy the movie, as will fans of the underdog.
- Claudia Puig, USA Today, February 06, 2004
[A] strenuously uplifting reactionary crowd pleaser.
- Geoff Pevere, Toronto Star, February 06, 2004
A better-than- average sports movie.
- Moira MacDonald, Seattle Times, February 06, 2004
The movie's extended re-creation of the game is still thrilling and nerve-racking.
- Mick LaSalle, San Francisco Chronicle, February 06, 2004
Given that we know the outcome it's amazing how much suspense Miracle engenders.
- Joe Baltake, Sacramento Bee, February 06, 2004
Miracle gives audiences something to cheer for.
- Peter Travers, Rolling Stone, February 06, 2004
The best sports movie since Tin Cup.
- Roger Moore, Orlando Sentinel, February 06, 2004
A suspenseful, emotional experience even for those who don't study the sports pages.
- Lisa Rose, Newark Star-Ledger, February 06, 2004
A by- the-numbers re-telling of what Sports Illustrated dubbed the single greatest sports moment of the 20th century.
- Megan Lehmann, New York Post, February 06, 2004
I don't know that I've ever felt more involved in fictional competition than I was throughout this movie, and I can't tell a hockey puck from cow pie.
- Jack Mathews, New York Daily News, February 06, 2004
Long on cliche and short on originality.
- Connie Ogle, Miami Herald, February 06, 2004
A worthy ride, especially if you're into sports.
- Bruce Westbrook, Houston Chronicle, February 06, 2004
- , St. Louis Post-Dispatch, February 07, 2004