Old-fashioned toilet humour gets a postmodern makeover in this laconic Australian mockumentary about a mobile toilet installer.
- Xan Brooks, Guardian [UK], October 18, 2008
Funny enough to give scatology a good name.
- Richard Kuipers, Variety, October 18, 2008
Kenny is the genuine article.
- Urban Cinefile Critics, Urban Cinefile, October 18, 2008
- , In Film Australia, October 18, 2008
The Australian charmer Kenny, about a hard-working, jovial employee for a portable toilet company, is a low-key study of underdog pride rather than a Larry the Cable Guy bodily function jokefest.
- Robert Abele, Los Angeles Times, July 18, 2008
A hit and prize winner in Australia, Kenny has the power to charm, no matter which way the water swirls.
- Maureen M. Hart, Chicago Tribune, July 17, 2008
The result is a minor masterpiece of tone in Kenny's portrayal of a character that is absurd, guileless and shrewd at the same time.
- Philip Marchand, Toronto Star, April 04, 2008
Waste is a terrible thing to mind -- unless you are port-a-potty installer Kenny Smyth, the unlikely hero of a hilarious and fresh (figuratively speaking, of course) comedy from Down Under.
- Jennie Punter, Globe and Mail, April 04, 2008
The perfect antidote to any disappointing summer blockbuster.
- William Thomas, Empire Magazine, January 03, 2008
The film's real accomplishment, in this era of masked superheroes, is making a paladin of a regular guy whose ethics we can all emulate.
- Tom Keogh, Seattle Times, August 01, 2008
Crude (in every sense) but surprisingly charming.
- Scott Foundas, L.A. Weekly, July 17, 2008