The special effects have moved on a bit since the 1950s, but this is old-fashioned Disney fun.
- , Film4, March 09, 2009
[It's] in the best tradition of Disney -- and even better than that, because it is not so juvenile that adults won't be thoroughly entertained.
- Variety Staff, Variety, October 18, 2008
- Derek Adams, Time Out, February 09, 2006
As sweet, straightforward and funny as its title.
- Caryn James, New York Times, May 20, 2003
Though it relies on special effects, this cutie-pie caper never loses sight of the protagonists amid the bigger-than-life Cheerios and 40-foot blades of grass.
- Rita Kempley, Washington Post, January 01, 2000
The special effects are all there, nicely in place, and the production values are sound, but the movie is dead in the water.
- Roger Ebert, Chicago Sun-Times, January 01, 2000