- , Daily Telegraph, July 06, 2012
If you see this on at the cinema, walk on by.
- Peter Bradshaw, Guardian [UK], June 28, 2012
It's left to the wonderful Scott, with his satyr's face and killer timing, to carry the movie through thick and thin.
- Tim Robey, Daily Telegraph, June 28, 2012
Starring much of the Bridesmaids troupe, this film shares with that movie a coarse sense of humour skilfully blended with the underlying theme that stability trumps flakiness and that...family values really do rule.
- Jim Schembri, 3AW, June 26, 2012
It's safe to assume its sharp comments on what kids can do to marriage - and friendships - come from years of observation.
- Cath Clarke, Time Out, June 26, 2012
It benefits from a supernaturally engaging cast, but this treads too closely to the rom-com model to feel as smart or moving as Westfeldt's previous best.
- Helen OHara, Empire Magazine, June 25, 2012
There's a bit of ballast in this romcom that is quite satisfying.
- Margaret Pomeranz, At the Movies (Australia), June 06, 2012
There's much to like here but it's a bumpy ride and for all its banter, it takes itself very seriously.
- Sandra Hall, Sydney Morning Herald, June 06, 2012
- , Dark Horizons, April 10, 2012
Pleasant but overfamiliar.
- Dana Stevens, Slate, March 09, 2012
Sitcom-amusing, in that middle-of-the-road way.
- Lisa Kennedy, Denver Post, March 09, 2012
It's the kind of cutesy idea that doesn't ring remotely true.
- Peter Rainer, Christian Science Monitor, March 09, 2012
This is a sharp, funny, touching and utterly winning slice of New York.
- Richard Roeper, Richard Roeper.com, March 09, 2012
[A] crass, shallow cash-in.
- Rafer Guzman, Newsday, March 09, 2012
Imagine - a romantic comedy that's actually both. It's been a long, long time.
- Stephen Whitty, Newark Star-Ledger, March 09, 2012
Whom is this movie for, really? It's too tame for the whooping crowds of women who made hits of the Sex and the City movies and Bridesmaids. And for sure it isn't for parents with kids.
- Liam Lacey, Globe and Mail, March 09, 2012
It's funny without being ridiculous, sweet without turning sentimental, even though it involves parenthood.
- Connie Ogle, Miami Herald, March 09, 2012
[Westfeldt] makes a promising directorial debut with this good-natured dramedy, boosted in large part by an outstanding ensemble.
- Elizabeth Weitzman, New York Daily News, March 09, 2012
Sadly the film then downhill-races to a feelgood, feel-inauthentic ending. But for 90 of 107 minutes it is cracklingly good.
- Nigel Andrews, Financial Times, June 28, 2012
It's difficult to muster the will to get behind these fools, and yet there are stretches where Westfeldt's script glows, such as an expertly executed dinner-table fracas, which manages to engage the entire ensemble.
- David Jenkins, Little White Lies, June 28, 2012