- Keith Uhlich, Time Out, November 16, 2011
It's all up there on the screen in this impassioned, exhilarating documentary. They want to dance for you. It's what they did for love.
- Jonathan F. Richards, Film.com, August 23, 2009
All the dancers who move towards the final cut are so good that the line between success and failure seems cruelly arbitrary and the disappointment of those who don't make it is acute. But nobody's giving up.
- Sandra Hall, Sydney Morning Herald, July 09, 2009
We're left with a deep sense of admiration for those who are prepared to face rejection routinely in pursuit of a dream.
- Nick Dent, Time Out Sydney, July 03, 2009
There is something piercingly affecting about this film and it's mainly to do with how much this particular musical means to the dancers and singers whose lives it represents.
- , At the Movies (Australia), July 02, 2009
There are still plenty of engrossing aspects to the film, moments in the audition process that demonstrate the complexity of performance.
- Philippa Hawker, The Age (Australia), July 02, 2009
I was thrilled and moved by Every Little Step, despite the abundance of bad dancing pouring out of reality television these days, because it's about the real thing, and offers marvellous insights into of the process of creating a Broadway hit.
- Ruth Hessey, MovieTime, ABC Radio National, July 02, 2009
This fascinating American made documentary tracks a disparate group of dancers trying out for a range of roles in a Broadway revival of the iconic stage musical A Chorus Line.
- Leigh Paatsch, Daily Telegraph (Australia), July 02, 2009
Just as powerful as the original musical -- keeps you glued to the fascinating and heartbreaking audition process.
- Jenni Dawes, FILMINK (Australia), June 30, 2009
Fantastic behind-the-scenes sing/dance documentary which gives much more insight into the audition process than all those TV shows.
- Sara Klein, Empire Magazine Australasia, June 28, 2009
An irresistible mix of high drama and intimate stories
- Andrew L. Urban, Urban Cinefile, June 27, 2009
A rousing glimpse into the life of a dancer, this involving, moving and thrilling documentary revisits choreographer Michael Bennett's multi-award winning stage show by brilliantly cross-linking it with auditions for its 2006 New York revival
- Louise Keller, Urban Cinefile, June 27, 2009
Every Little Step is a terrific documentary history lesson about how Michael Bennett rounded up a bunch of New York singing, acting dancers, interviewed them and found out what they 'did for love,' back in January of 1974.
- Roger Moore, Orlando Sentinel, June 03, 2009
You can't judge A Chorus Line by its film version; it's one of the lousiest movie musicals ever. But you can assess the stage original's influence by the wonderful new documentary Every Little Step.
- Michael Phillips, Chicago Tribune, May 29, 2009
Fans of choreographer Michael Bennett's blockbuster, which broke new ground when it opened in 1975, will find much to love here.
- Linda Barnard, Toronto Star, May 29, 2009
Every Little Step is an uncommonly tender and observant documentary.
- Stephen Cole, Globe and Mail, May 28, 2009
They want the recognition we all want, and the film persuades you that almost every one of them deserves it.
- Colin Covert, Minneapolis Star Tribune, May 22, 2009
Every Little Step is a feat of editing and sound design.
- Lisa Kennedy, Denver Post, May 22, 2009
A riveting documentary from James D. Stern and Adam Del Deo.
- Moira MacDonald, Seattle Times, June 19, 2009
Every Little Step never rises above being a very good showbiz documentary. But it's an engaging tribute to a groundbreaking musical.
- Calvin Wilson, St. Louis Post-Dispatch, June 04, 2009