Bellflower revs the engine of an exciting new maverick.
- Jennie Punter, Globe and Mail, September 30, 2011
A delightfully strange hybrid creature.
- Tirdad Derakhshani, Philadelphia Inquirer, September 15, 2011
Possibly represents the debut of a one-of-a-kind filmmaker, a natural driven by wild energy, like Tarantino.
- Roger Ebert, Chicago Sun-Times, September 15, 2011
It's like the world's coolest iPhone camera app writ large, and while it'd be misleading to make too much of this picture, it'd be a shame to make too little of it, either.
- Michael Phillips, Chicago Tribune, September 15, 2011
After a while, "Bellflower" feels like it can't stop checking itself out in the mirror. It's a pose, not a movie.
- Michael O'Sullivan, Washington Post, September 09, 2011
Handmade and helpless, it's nevertheless the real deal, an artful blurt of sensitivity and rage.
- Ty Burr, Boston Globe, September 08, 2011
Bellflower is weirdly gorgeous. Its intentional post-romanticism is mirrored in evocative chapter headings and ace cinematographer Joel Hodge's images (using a camera of the director's tweaking).
- Lisa Kennedy, Denver Post, September 02, 2011
Glodell doesn't have the emotional intelligence or filmmaking finesse of the early Martin Scorsese, but his film is a new-millennium descendant of "Mean Streets."
- Colin Covert, Minneapolis Star Tribune, September 02, 2011
"Bellflower," writer, director and star Evan Glodell's debut, bursts at the seams with wild creativity.
- Bill Goodykoontz, Arizona Republic, August 25, 2011
As the guys' favorite character from "The Road Warrior" might say: Too much violence, and too much pain, but there is within it some sort of honorable compromise.
- Joe Neumaier, New York Daily News, August 05, 2011
Glodell is a filmmaker with a future, if the apocalypse doesn't get in the way.
- V.A. Musetto, New York Post, August 05, 2011
This frequently dazzling, eccentric portrait of mutually assured destruction is that most delirious of combos: charmingly funny and emotionally terrifying.
- Robert Abele, Los Angeles Times, August 05, 2011
Evan Glodell's explosive debut feature is a thing of toxic beauty.
- Peter Travers, Rolling Stone, August 04, 2011
A daring feature debut by Evan Glodell, "Bellflower" looks like it was shot with the digital equivalent of a Brownie box camera, and generates an almost palpable aura of anxiety.
- Joe Morgenstern, Wall Street Journal, August 04, 2011
There's more here than initially meets and sometimes assaults the eye, including the hyperbolic dudeness of it all.
- Manohla Dargis, New York Times, August 04, 2011
Bellflower is stylishly watchable - even when it's preposterous.
- Owen Gleiberman, Entertainment Weekly, August 03, 2011
Equally fascinating and tedious, "Bellflower" is a lost cause of a movie, torn apart by incompatible ambitions.
- Tom Keogh, Seattle Times, September 01, 2011
- Jordan Riefe, The Wrap, August 05, 2011
In one grease-monkey swoop, Glodell proves that he's a subversive talent worth following. Let a thousand of his future projects bloom.
- David Fear, Time Out New York, August 03, 2011
Sometimes that works well and sometimes it works poorly, but Bellflower is a genuine breakthrough, and after its own profoundly flawed fashion, a work of genius.
- Andrew O'Hehir, Salon.com, August 02, 2011