- Laremy Legel, Film.com, January 22, 2013
- , New York Daily News, January 22, 2013
A bracingly un-gimmicky, heartfelt and fresh take on the theme of growing up.
- Michael O'Sullivan, Washington Post, September 21, 2012
Even the most exhausted, hackneyed and innately annoying genre can yield a film of breezy charm and prickly dramatic consequence.
- Amy Biancolli, San Francisco Chronicle, September 20, 2012
An inconsequential high-school-reunion comedy that gets better when it stops trying to make you laugh.
- Wesley Morris, Boston Globe, September 20, 2012
Linden manages to overcome what would seem to be a premise fraught with peril with a lot of help from a likable cast, making "10 Years" a surprisingly enjoyable movie.
- Bill Goodykoontz, Arizona Republic, September 20, 2012
'10 Years' is a surprisingly solid variation on a familiar tune.
- Richard Roeper, Richard Roeper.com, September 19, 2012
Writer/director Jamie Linden and his excellent cast beautifully evoke the sentimental magic inherent in their scenario.
- Elizabeth Weitzman, New York Daily News, September 17, 2012
Needless to say, everybody comes equipped with their very own overweight baggage; old grudges are revived, new ones are invented; and big personal revelations -- most of which you can see coming a mile away -- arrive on cue.
- Peter Rainer, Christian Science Monitor, September 14, 2012
Even when the script seems ready to settle for cliché - with cavemen guys being civilized by the more evolved women in their life - it takes a slight detour.
- Stephen Whitty, Newark Star-Ledger, September 14, 2012
Is there anything less narratively interesting than a high school reunion that focuses exclusively on the beautiful and popular crowd? Who all now seem to be leading normal, if flawed, lives?
- Sara Stewart, New York Post, September 14, 2012
There's a lot of been-there, done-that going on. That said, this very distant, slightly more youthful cousin to The Big Chill presents a convincing version of a 10-year high school reunion.
- Gary Goldstein, Los Angeles Times, September 13, 2012
An unpretentious, well-acted ensemble piece that doesn't aspire to be a portentous generational time capsule like "The Big Chill," "American Graffiti" or "Diner."
- Stephen Holden, New York Times, September 13, 2012
An amiable, seriocomic high-school-reunion movie, 10 Years succeeds in pulling off a fine varsity talent show.
- Melissa Anderson, Village Voice, September 11, 2012
There's a relaxed, unforced, melancholy sweetness and swing to this modest iteration of the Big Chill/Return of the Secaucus 7 formula, a pleasing directorial debut for screenwriter Jamie Linden.
- Lisa Schwarzbaum, Entertainment Weekly, September 05, 2012
Less fun than a funeral.
- John Anderson, Variety, August 21, 2012
Jamie Linden's minor-key serio-comedy pulls us in eventually, delivering its share of poignant insights and melancholy reflections, even if it does all feel a tad familiar.
- David Rooney, Hollywood Reporter, September 14, 2011
A strong cast convincingly captures the many ways in which adulthood proves far more complicated than what's imagined at 18.
- Nick Schager, Time Out New York, September 11, 2012