School holidays helped boost the latest in the Ice Age animation series to the top of the Australian box office at the weekend.
Ice Age 4: Continental Drift took $4.9 million, according to the Motion Picture Distributors Association of Australia.
Second place-getter, the adult comedy TED, took $4.4 million despite only showing at preview screenings.
The top three placegetters from last week all dropped two places as a result - Snow White and the Huntsman fell to third, Brave was fourth and Prometheus finished fifth.
The school holidays also gave a boost to The Three Stooges, which lifted from 11th last weekend to sixth place, while the Adam Sandler comedy That's My Boy dropped from fourth to seventh spot.
Rock of Ages and Men In Black 3 also fell three places to finish at eighth and ninth respectively, while A Royal Affair fell one place to round out the Top Ten.
TOP 10 AT THE AUSTRALIAN BOX OFFICE THIS WEEKEND:
1. Ice Age 4: Continental Drift - $4.895 million (Fox)
2. TED - $4.383 million (Universal)
3. Snow White and the Huntsman - $3.488 million (Universal)
4. Brave - $1.901 million (Walt Disney)
5. Prometheus - $865,931 (Fox)
6. The Three Stooges - $560,221 (Fox)
7. That's My Boy - $382,224 (Sony Pictures)
8. Rock of Ages - $358,569 (Warner Bros)
9. Men in Black 3 - $348,172 (Sony Pictures)
10. A Royal Affair - $181,276 (Madmen)